It’s never a good idea to drive anywhere with a crack or chip in your windshield except to workshop. This is because cracks and chips have a way of getting worse as you drive and present a health hazard to you and other occupants.
It is also very likely that while driving to the repair shop, you may end up making the crack worse – at least on a microscopic level. You could either go for our mobile windshield repair and replacement option or adopt the following tips to make sure the damage doesn’t get worse on your drive over!
- If you need to park, make sure you are parked in a shaded area. It is also advisable that you drive to the workshop during the cool morning hours. This is because temperature changescan lead to stress on your windshield, and in turn, the cracks.
- Try to avoid potholes.
- Drive carefully and keep your distance from other cars.
- Cover the crack with tape to protect it from debris/dirt
- During the winters, avoid scraping ice from the cracked part.
- Close vehicle doors softly.
- Remain calm on the road.
If there are any minor chips or cracks in your windshield and you aren’t sure if you can drive it safely to an auto glass repair shop, we recommend giving us a call. Our mobile windshield replacement and repair is completely free and designed conveniently for you.
Our team is just a call away, so let us help!