Safe Travel While Driving During COVID-19
Although the COVID-19 lockdowns are being lifted all over the world, it doesn’t mean that the threat of the virus is over. Offices are opening up, vacation spots coming back on the map, and more. Safe travel during COVID-19 has become essential; even if you’re traveling in your own car.
Traveling Safely During COVID-19 – Driving in Your Car
Here are some general recommendations for staying safe while traveling:
- If you have symptoms – even if you think it’s nothing – stay home. The vacation can wait.
- If you’re going out to get food, grocery shopping, or just need to get your car fixed, use online services if possible. For example, if you need to get your windshield repaired, you don’t have to drive anywhere; just call True Blue Auto Glass and we’ll come to you.
- Cover your face and observe social distancing; especially if you’re carpooling.
- Sanitize your hands and wipe down any surface before touching it; such as grocery bags, trolleys, gas hoses, ATMs, and more. Wear disposable gloves before handling cash and do not touch your face with the same gloves.
- Once you get home, wash your hands rigorously with soap and water.
- If you can, bank online or use your card to make payments.
- Schedule virtual meetings with your insurance agents, banks, or even car maintenance work.
- If you’re ordering food, select the ‘contactless delivery’ method if possible.
- If stuck in a traffic jam on your way to work, pull up your windows to prevent pathogens from entering your car.
By following these recommendations, you can make safe travel during COVID-19 to work, vacation, or even errand-running ventures a realistic possibility. True Blue Auto Glass is doing its part by offering online windshield replacement and repair services – all you have to do is call or write to us, and we’ll be on our way!