What Are Heavy Windshields?
Generally used on motorbikes, heavy windshields are a type of extension on the existing windshield. They are mounted over the handle area of a motorbike and can only be removed using a hex key.
Heavy-duty windshields are made with 4.0mm thick Lexan polycarbonate material, which has an ultra-hard coating making the windshield extremely strong, durable, and scratch-resistant.
Heavy windshields have multiple benefits for the rider, and here is why you should consider buying them.
- Windshields provide a more comfortable and secure ride.
- It protects the rider from debris, pebbles, rain, wind, and insects, improving the rider’s ability to cruise for longer durations.
- A windshield protects you from the weather. This way, you won’t have to stay home because of the weather and enjoy a nice ride outside.
- For riding long distances, a windshield won’t wear you down. This will also help you remain more focused and alert.
- A windshield will also help to reduce neck, arms, shoulder, and back stress that causes pain.
How Do I Choose the Right Windshield for My Bike?
It is usually a good idea to check and readjust the settings if you will be utilizing the windshield. It is commonly known that many people struggle to obtain the ideal angle. You have to locate that perfect balance; otherwise, you will be buffeted mercilessly. (Buffeting also gives you terrible headaches.)
Your motorcycle’s make and model will play a role in this. Sports bikes feature smaller windshields, but they’re still useful. Windshields are also a wise purchase for touring bikes.
It is also important to consider the height of your windshield. The windshield should be around shoulder level or preferably up to the front of the rider’s nose. This height will provide optimum protection and reduce buffeting.
Therefore, it is always better to have a windshield on your bike, even if it makes it look less attractive. And before you head out to buy one, make sure it is manufactured with polycarbonate for the best impact resistance and quality materials for long-lasting performance.